Military Benefits

Veterans Affairs

While attending Simmons University, Student Financial Services will serve as your liaison to the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs. We will assist you in the process of using your VA entitlement, processing of VA forms, adhering to procedural requirements and certifying enrollment.

Resources for Military Personnel

Resources for Military Dependents

Post-9/11 GI Bill

The Post-9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill. This benefit provides up to 36 months of education benefits, generally payable within the 15 years following release from active duty. The Post-9/11 GI Bill also offers some service members the opportunity to transfer their GI Bill to dependents.

Eligible students should apply through the United States Department of Veterans Affairs in order to obtain a Certificate of Eligibility. A copy of the Certificate of Eligibility must be provided to Student Financial Services. Applications can be completed online or by calling the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-442-4551.

The Yellow Ribbon

Launched as a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Act of 2008, this program benefits qualified undergraduate and graduate students. Veterans who are using Post-9/11 GI Benefits and who are entitled to 100% of their benefit may be eligible. To participate in the Yellow Ribbon program, you must be using Post-9/11 GI benefits at 100% eligibility, and cannot be on active duty and or a military spouse.

There are a limited number of Yellow Ribbon awards available to Simmons University students. Please contact Student Financial Services for more information about this program.

Request more information about Nursing@Simmons, or speak with an Admissions Counselor at 1-855-461-7466.